Radio Show/OTR media type

chowbok

chowbok

This is not an urgent request by any means, but it would be cool if there was a new library type for old-time radio shows. It could be structured like the TV sections, but would only play audio.

• Like 1

chowbok

Wouldn't that basically be the same thing as an audio book...?

Admittedly, I haven't used the audio book type, but other than being audio I don't see how they're anything alike. A radio show doesn't have an "author" in the same sense that an audio book does, and the "title" is less important than the series and date. The structure of a radio show section would be just like the TV show section, except that the files would be audio format. For example, there might be a folder for "Mercury Theater", one for  "Burns and Allen", etc., and under each folder would be season folders containing episodes. 

It is just such a niche that I'm not sure an entire type will make sense but we'll see how much support this request gets.

If it isn't its own type I'm thinking we could probably shoehorn it into audio books: author = show, book = season, chapter = episode.

Or, maybe an audio podcast...

PenkethBoy

I do this already with "podcasts" - using the "Book" type of library - which is AudioBooks as well as Books

then i create a parent directory as you would for an album

Library Root\podcast name\podcast.mp3

then you get this

5b3f76b71cf49_Capture1a.jpg

and within those it looks like this

5b3f76f04051d_Capture2.jpg

and you can then sort and refine the order - or be creative with the naming of the mp3 so they are in the order you want etc

Also if you add genres, artist, etc as metadata to the files it will be picked up by Emby

Yes you are missing the Season equivalent but i imagine you could create additional folders to achieve that - not tried though

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

however there doesn't seem to be any good way to handle a library of podcasts.

Why do you feel this is the case?