Feature Request: Soundtrack info

psybertech

psybertech

OK, neither Plex nor Emby has this and I would love to see this added....

I'd love to see the songs that were credited in a movie or TV show shown in the details of an item.

It doesn't have to link to a song directly, just tell me what artists and songs were used in the item.

I am not sure, and I only just thought of this and took a quick look, but perhaps something like tunefind's API or another similar service could be tied in.

I would be willing to pay extra for it (not a lot of course, but something if needed).

Again... ZER0 research has been done other than a "hrrmmm" search to see if there are soundtrack db/sources out there... and of course there are.

Anyway....

Happy 4th!

J

The best way to accomplish this will be to add both the movie and music album to a collection.

Then soon we'll be adding info to the detail screen to show you what collections an item is part of.

That will allow you to reach the collection from both the album and movie screens.

psybertech

The best way to accomplish this will be to add both the movie and music album to a collection.

Then soon we'll be adding info to the detail screen to show you what collections an item is part of.

That will allow you to reach the collection from both the album and movie screens.

Luke,

This sounds awesome. :) I don't have many soundtracks, but I do like the sound of this.

All I really want is a list of tunes that appeared in the movie or show... it would rock with your upcoming feature, but I am just thinking about a smaller scale feature.

Thanks for the response!

J

FrostByte

Luke,

This sounds awesome. :) I don't have many soundtracks, but I do like the sound of this.

All I really want is a list of tunes that appeared in the movie or show... it would rock with your upcoming feature, but I am just thinking about a smaller scale feature.

Thanks for the response!

J

Way back when there used to be a linked poster at the bottom of a movie's detail page to any soundtrack for that movie that was in your library.  The reverse was also true as Soundtrack details pages had a linked poster to it's movie if it was in your library.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/5104-is-the-option-to-link-a-soundtrack-to-a-movie-gone-or-moved/?hl=soundtrack

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1