Auto Organize file naming pattern

computerprep

computerprep

The episode filename pattern in Auto Organize appears to include the year of the parent series only if it's necessary to differentiate between two shows with the same name. For example, Yellowstone.

Personally, I would prefer for that year to be present on every single episode, but I know now everyone will agree. Can we get the option to include it every time somehow? Maybe a variable we can use in the pattern textfield. However it works, that would be helpful.

Without it, I'm ending up with some duplicate episodes since Auto Organize doesn't recognize the need to overwrite a file if that file doesn't match the naming pattern.

daedalus

i think i don't get it completely, but if he's asking, that %sy (Series year) also can be used in the episode pattern, than no discussion, this should already be possible

Edited by daedalus

computerprep

%sy doesn't work. It ends up printing the season number followed by the character "y".

My other worry is that some series will end up getting that year printed twice in a filename.

daedalus

%sy doesn't work. It ends up printing the season number followed by the character "y".

sure cause %sy is not valid in the filename pattern atm

My other worry is that some series will end up getting that year printed twice in a filename.

should not happen, if you edit your pattern correctly (using %sn and %sy instead of %fn as soon as fully implemented)