Using the DLNA Server

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Hi there,

i might need some help in using the DLNA feature...

My network environment is like the following:

Source is the emby server, running on debian stretch via docker.

Target is an DLNA device (Sitecom wma-1000*).

Goal is to stream music directly to the sitecom, using the emby web interface and/or the android app.

I thought, this could be easily achived by using the "casting" icon (Abspielen auf) in the top right corner. But the Sitecom does not show up, where as it is found as local renderer by other DLNA devices (like BubbleUPnP).

My workaround is to stream the emby connect to my tablet an stream it from there via 3rd party Software to the Sitecom. Which is fairly graceless.

So i am looking for a more elegant way to stream the music directly from emby to the DLNA target.

Greets

Alex

* https://imaedia.de/sitecom-wi-fi-music-player-wma-1000/

• Like 1

ThatGuy

They are in the same physical network.

But the emby server is running on docker, so i tried to bind the ports 1900 and 1901. Which did not work out.

What did the trick, was changing the container from bridge to host mode.

Is there a solution, to keep the emby container in bridge mode? Any other ports to open?

In the (old) threads i found, host mode was the last solution...but for better container isolation, i would prefere bridging...

Yea in regards to dlna we've seen this before with Docker. I'm not sure yet if it's possible with bridge mode.