Audio issues with Roku. Just started.

rawToe

rawToe

So, I'm on Emby server 3.4.1.0, latest Roky Emby app, and haven't had a Roku device update since March. 

Files with AC3 audio tracks no longer play audio.  I've tried plugging directly into my TV and using my receiver and no luck.  They also have no audio connecting to Emby with the Roku Media Player.  All files play fine in Emby Theater and in VLC.  I'm not transcoding, just direct play.

I'm at a loss here.  I haven't changed anything.

Edited by rawToe

Happy2Play

I am on beta server and Emby beta Roku app and have no issues with AC3 audio.

You will need to provide more specific example.  Can you post a server log and ffmpeg log if present.

What Roku firmware version also?

Edited by Happy2Play

rawToe

I am on beta server and Emby beta Roku app and have no issues with AC3 audio.

You will need to provide more specific example.  Can you post a server log and ffmpeg log if present.

What Roku firmware version also?

Do you have a link for Emby Beta Roku app?

rawToe

Attaching log.  Try R.I.P.D at 2018-06-30 11:06.  It fails to play audio.  Roku Firmware version 8.1.0 4137-29.  I tried the Beta app and audio does not play.   Re-encoding audio track as AAC plays.  Unfortunately I have hundreds of AC3 files.

-----------------------------

ServerLog.txt

rawToe

Have you checked your Roku system audio settings?

No, I haven't changed them.  Recommended settings?  Nevermind, I just tried a bunch of combinations, no luck.

Edited by rawToe

Maybe your Roku device is no longer detecting that your audio equipment supports ac3?

In your server log it looks like the video is direct playing, which means that this is mostly up to the roku to handle.

This really sounds like either a Roku or other system component setting issue.  That firmware version is newer than March so I assume the Roku has done an update since then.  Perhaps something got reset in the process.

Also check cables and connections...

rawToe

I did a factory reset on my Roku box. All fixed now.  Maybe a failed update.  Who knows.  Thanks for the help.

Happy2Play

I did a factory reset on my Roku box. All fixed now.  Maybe a failed update.  Who knows.  Thanks for the help.

That is possible as some people have had issues with the 8.1.0 firmware update.  I just got it yesterday and haven't noticed any issues yet.

Edited by Happy2Play