Artist images not found when artist name contains a single quote

mlarente

mlarente

I have a music album (more than one, actually) where the artist name contains a single quote. When I added it, I used the same structure I usually use for all the albums I add. The album is found correctly and the artist name shows up fine but the artist image is missing. If I try to load the URL where it should be, I get a "does not have an image of type Primary" error message. Is there something I'm missing to make Emby recognize this or is it a bug? Every other artist is recognized as it should. Here's the structure I'm using:

Library folder

\- <album artist>

|- <album title>

|  |- 01 <track title>.mp3

|  |- 02 <track title>.mp3

|  |  [...]

|  \- folder.jpg

|- artist.nfo

|- fanart.jpg

\- folder.jpg

I also tried using a folder name without the quote and putting the real name with the quote only in the nfo file and it didn't work either.

mlarente

Ok... I wanted to try and adding a new one to get a clean log since I've done a hell of a lot of work on it before. And the problem I had twice in a row I couldn't reproduce this time so I did some more tests.

Turns out the first one was because one special character wasn't the same in the tag and in the folder name. Sure, I was supposed to see the difference "µ" and "μ". And the other one was because Windows had silently removed a trailing dot at the end of a folder name, which means that the name did not match anymore. Fixed that and now it works, weird naming and all.

So thanks anyway. I didn't know there were useful logs in there. It already helped me fix a permission issue I didn't know I had yet. I'll be sure to check there first next time.