Any chance for Kodi Live tv yet?

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey

I‘m just wondering if there’s anybody considering building an Emby for Kodi live tv backend?

Or did you completely remove it from your todo/plans?

Any other options to integrate the Emby IPTV Channel in Kodi?

Best regards

• Like 1

horstepipe

thanks

@@Luke I thought it would at least be possible to add some iptv-channels as a folder with the Emby-Server-IPTV plugin in kodi. But this doesn't seem to work either or am I doing something wrong?

Pretty sure channels worked in former Emby for Kodi versions, like the trailer channel e.g.

(I'm aware that I won't have epg or any other pvr/dvr functions this way)

Edited by horstepipe

We'd like to contract someone to help us with a live tv addon for kodi. If you know someone in the kodi community who is interested and experienced with developing kodi addons then have them contact me. thanks.

horstepipe

We'd like to contract someone to help us with a live tv addon for kodi. If you know someone in the kodi community who is interested and experienced with developing kodi addons then have them contact me. thanks.

You could try to get in touch with @@marcelveldt , he's retired from Emby/Kodi but maybe he is interested in a comeback :-)

@@ddurdle are you interested? :-)

sualfred

@@horstepipe

PVR clients are binary addons and not based on Python. Marcel is a pretty experienced dev but this is something which has to be targeted to C/C++ developers.

• Like 1

ddurdle

If you mean to bring Emby's Live TV to the KODI Emby setup, I'm game at helping, but it's a huge job since nobody does better Live TV integration as Emby.  And that is going to be hard to squish into KODI.  The minimum of passing through the channels from Emby to Kodi for playback is easy, but indexing the content with KODI's library is a challenge.

• Like 1

ddurdle

thanks

@@Luke I thought it would at least be possible to add some iptv-channels as a folder with the Emby-Server-IPTV plugin in kodi. But this doesn't seem to work either or am I doing something wrong?

Pretty sure channels worked in former Emby for Kodi versions, like the trailer channel e.g.

(I'm aware that I won't have epg or any other pvr/dvr functions this way)

I thought it might do this too, but I realized the existing two plugins actually don't.  I was thinking along the same lines as you were, where if we can access just the channels for playback.  It wont' actually be that hard to do.  I'll look into it, but I have my hands pretty full as it is.

sualfred

No special reason. I though of him because he already has experience with a PVR system that is running on a "web based service" with its own monoculture and extra features.  

Maybe it's also possible to re-use a lot of the zattoo plugin, All other ones (TVheadend, MosaicTV, DVBLink, DVB Viewer, Media Portal, etc) are locally stored pure PVR backends. And they are often maintained by the devs of the PVR backends themselves. Most of them are very quiet in the Kodi board, too. So I don't know them much.

abescalamis

Thank god, This is something I been waiting for, this was the main reason to buy the lifetime.

Yes, Yesss, Yesssssss............

:D

• Like 1