LDAP auth fails with lifetime premiere

vae7yooR

vae7yooR

Hi,

I have used monthly subscription for premiere before to test everything out.

I decided that its working fine, so i upgraded to lifetime.

Suddenly i cannot log in anymore with my LDAP users, and im getting logs like:

2018-06-29 10:10:33.788 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://megumi.midov.pl:8080/emby/Users/authenticatebyname. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.87 Safari/537.36
2018-06-29 10:10:33.790 Error UserManager: Error authenticating with provider LDAP
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.4.1.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.15.15.1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server
	System.Exception: Emby Premiere required for LDAP
	   at LDAP.AuthenticationProvider.<Authenticate>d__11.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.<AuthenticateWithProvider>d__58.MoveNext()
	System.Exception
	   at LDAP.AuthenticationProvider.<Authenticate>d__11.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.<AuthenticateWithProvider>d__58.MoveNext()

Emby server itself is aware of my subscription just fine:

5b35ebd507ce9_20180629101824_889x165_scr

What is going on? 

//edit

Nvm, suddenly it started working on its own after couple hours.

I guess the plugin checks premiere sub in some diffrent way then emby server?

Edited by vae7yooR

Hi, yes it has its own embedded check. Glad to see that you are back up and running. Thanks.

DarkFeather

I've been seeing this issue as well and it hasn't been going away. I'm not lifetime but I do have an active Emby Premiere membership.

I've been seeing this issue as well and it hasn't been going away. I'm not lifetime but I do have an active Emby Premiere membership.

Can you please attach the emby server log? thanks.

DarkFeather

Attaching log. LDAP instance lives on same host as Emby instance, and for now ships plaintext LDAP (port 389) with the same bind DN as my other apps, with the same base URL looking for the default '(uid={0})' filter.

embyserver.txt

Edited by DarkFeather

Attaching log. LDAP instance lives on same host as Emby instance, and for now ships plaintext LDAP (port 389) with the same bind DN as my other apps, with the same base URL looking for the default '(uid={0})' filter.

In your case all outgoing communications with external domains are failing due to an issue we've discovered in the .net core 2.1 runtime that's affecting a few people. Here's some info on how you can resolve it:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59531-external-ssl-connections-crashing/page-3&do=findComment&comment=589538

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

DarkFeather

Super weird and dotnet phail, but yes that worked perfectly! Thanks for linking us -- all my user-facing services are now officially on LDAP. Thanks, Luke.