Unseekable stream

grizlyadams

grizlyadams

Hi,

Trying to get round the awful video quality in the android player by using an external player. Video playback works with decent quality, but I can't skip thru the video - I just get "unseekable stream"

It happens with both MX Pro and VLC for Android - is that expected behavior?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I've this problem too.

I've an Emby server running on Windows 11, and I'm trying to play from Emby for android.(Local server)

When I try to run video with external player(VLC or MX player pro), when I choose an external subtitle, I've noticed that Emby transcode the video(I see some ffmpeg transcoding log in Emby server), so I'm unable to seek through video (and the subtitle is not formatted the way I defined in MX player), but when I'm not choosing an external subtitle and using embedded subtitle it does not transcode(I see no transcode log when I do this) and I'm able to seek video.

(Also, when I use MX player's own local Network option to play the same video, I've no problem(I can choose either external or embedded subtitle and seek through the video).)

Is this problem comes up because of transcoding? Can I disable that?

Thanks

photo_2023-01-27_14-09-02.jpg

photo_2023-01-27_12-54-44.jpg

photo_2023-01-27_12-54-26.jpg

photo_2023-01-27_12-55-05.jpg

Edited by sornay

Well, there are some features that I like in MX player (such as single tap to play pause video, being able to show two subtitles at the same time, better controls for volume and brightness etc.) also I haven't seen any option in Emby player for adjusting the video size (fit, crop, fill, ...) and some videos doesn't fit perfectly in my screen (screenshot).

photo_2023-01-27_14-50-25.jpg

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, sornay said:

Well, there are some features that I like in MX player (such as single tap to play pause video, being able to show two subtitles at the same time, better controls for volume and brightness etc.)

But you're giving up Resume points, which is IMHO way more valuable than either of those which would mostly fall into inconvenience/slight annoyance category for me, as opposed to loosing watched status. But to each their own, I guess. (btw, brightness slider is right there on you screenshot, what do you mean by "better control"?)

6 minutes ago, sornay said:

also I haven't seen any option in Emby player for adjusting the video size (fit, crop, fill, ...)

Cog menu>Aspect Ratio (Auto/Cover/Fill).

In any case, regarding external subtitles, AFAIK there is no way to pass the information of external file to the external player, hence transcoding is required - and you should select those external subs prior playback as for external players, there is no way to activate the subtitles after playback, so they need to be burned-in via transcoding. But as said:

On 6/29/2018 at 4:15 PM, Luke said:

it depends on the source and app settings. Please see how to report a media playback issue:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/?view=getnewpost

Media Playback Issues

• Please create a topic in the community.
  • Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck. Make sure to indicate which Emby App you're using. If you're using a browser, then please indicate what browser you're using.
  • If you saw error messages, please tell us what they were. If the problem is difficult to explain, please include screenshots that demonstrate the issue.
  • Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. If a server transcoding log was also generated during playback (in the server logs folder), please attach that as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

what do you mean by "better control"?

I mean for example, you don't have to tap and then adjust the brightness from slider, you just slide your finger on the left  side of the screen up and down to adjust brightness🙂

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Cog menu>Aspect Ratio (Auto/Cover/Fill).

Thanks.

Edited by sornay

On 1/27/2023 at 6:55 AM, sornay said:

I mean for example, you don't have to tap and then adjust the brightness from slider, you just slide your finger on the left  side of the screen up and down to adjust brightness🙂

Thanks.

Is that really the only reason?

56 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is that really the only reason?

Actually I'm using Emby player now, and I'm happy, and now I say if we could have this subtle touches to the Emby player it would be great. Like if we had a shortcut for changing the aspect ratio beside the subtitle (cc) icon like Mx player and an ability to import fonts. And MX has a functionality that you could pause/resume the video with single tap and since I use that a lot I would be grateful if you could add them in future updates as an option.

Edited by sornay
  • Thanks 1