Movie Photo Gallery?

japzone

japzone

So the special features on a DVD included a photo gallery. I had to manually sceenshot the pictures since I couldn't find a way to extract them, but now I'm left with the question of how to display them in Emby. I know you can create a separate Photo library, but I couldn't find any way to put pictures in the special features of a movie. I'd rather not have to navigate into a whole different library just to view them. Is there any way to list them under Special Features?

PS: Is splitting Special Features into different categories ever going to happen? It was nice that I could arrange the files into separate folders, but it kinda defeats the purpose of having separate "Extras" and "Deleted Scenes" folders if the UI is just gonna dump all the videos together anyway.

Hi, currently photos are not possible as extras. As far as splitting out extras, yes it's something we can look at in the future. Thanks.

Tremas

I suspect that the reason you could not extract the photos from the DVD is that they are actually saved as individual image files. Most "photo galleries" that are included as DVD extras are actually just video slide-shows. By that I mean that it is a video file and not a folder of .jpg files. Many have chapter stops so that you can use the chapter-skip on your remote to advance through them, which emby will respect if you rip them correctly from the DVD. Refer to the documentation on the software you are using to rip the extras to find and extract the photo gallery video files with chapter marks included. That video file can be added to emby using the standard movie extras naming convention: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming