Weird "no compatible streams" error

bflagg
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

bflagg

I had to reinstall Win7 / MCE with my ceton setup. Reinstalled EMBY clean. I have a couple of issues.
This one issue. (the other being restoring emby accounts and server setup)
All clients, Web, Emby on iphone and android, roku etc can connect and see and play back all movies and recordings that are NOT copy protected. Ok so far.
When I go play back a music file I get this error.  So looking this up is tied to a path issue or rights issue.

I tested this and this is NOT it.

Using windows 7 explorer I can browse to any music UNC path and play back the file on windows or through MCE but through emby, on the same box..i get this error.

Two other weird errors, emby logs show that it's looking for a folder.jpg file and access is denied. But in reality the file doesn't exist, and the other on initial load emby logs state that a connection on local host :9080 is being denied.  But that port is opened on the firewall...

Please help... cannot play back any music...

attached is logs and screen shot of error in log file, the full path and media player playing the file emby doesn't "see".

embyserver.zip

bflagg

more information:

Now I cannot access any directory share on the server with emby only..

Program data path: C:\Users\Mcx11\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
 Application directory: C:\Users\Mcx11\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
 System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\THEFLAGGS-DC02\DVD' is denied.

But using WMC I can play all media fine or with Windows Explorer I can navigate to these shares just fine....

What in the heck am I missing here...?  Why just emby?
Used the default windows 7 IE 11  and Firefox and both cannot see server shares.
Maybe a feature add on to Emby to cache security credentials so to ensure proper authentication is going?

(just a thought)

Edited by bflagg

• Solution

Hi, it looks like you've setup a windows service. try not running as a service and instead with the regular tray icon. See if this makes a difference.

If you're going to run as a windows service then you'll need to look at permissions for the windows account that the service is running under. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• Like 1

bflagg

That was it.. setting service to the domain account resolved the issue.

thank you.

I PM you for the other question due to account information questions...

Edited by bflagg