App trial

elgandino

elgandino

I have been using emby for years and chromecast it to the tv no problem

I read you have it on amazon firestick so i bought one and now i find out its not for free on firestick? why is the firestick paid for but everythign else is free?

I may have to stop using emby 

maegibbons

Thats going to really upset the developers because of all the revenue that they will loose.

No! No! PLEASE dont stop using emby.

Oh.  wait..  you are not contributing anything anyway.

Krs

Mark

• Like 2

tdiguy

I have never used a chromecast, but from what i understand they function very differently than a fire stick. Also its not true that emby is free for everything else. I think more accurate would be emby is free on cromecast. Even at that though when you cast to a device you dont really use a app on the device right? you simply cast to it. When you use a fire stick you have to have the app on the fire stick itself. This is simply assuming the chromecast works similar to when i cast my smart phone to the smart tv at work.

• 4 weeks later...
bigpal

I'm a new Emby user, switched over from Plex. So far I think Emby is a far better server and application, blows away Plex and has none of the annoyances that Plex has. I tried on Fire TV, and just to confirm, I need to buy Premiere to use it on Fire TV right? I think it was nice that it had a 2 week trial... I will probably be purchasing lifetime anyways, but wanted to make sure. I will also be using on Apple TV.

$119 is a no brainer for a media server that works. Got tired of Plex messing with my meta data and/or not displaying it correctly. Also was complaining about server speed constantly... Love the Emby home screen and playback. 

Thank you

I'm a new Emby user, switched over from Plex. So far I think Emby is a far better server and application, blows away Plex and has none of the annoyances that Plex has. I tried on Fire TV, and just to confirm, I need to buy Premiere to use it on Fire TV right? I think it was nice that it had a 2 week trial... I will probably be purchasing lifetime anyways, but wanted to make sure. I will also be using on Apple TV.

$119 is a no brainer for a media server that works. Got tired of Plex messing with my meta data and/or not displaying it correctly. Also was complaining about server speed constantly... Love the Emby home screen and playback. 

Thank you

Hi.  You also have the option of just purchasing the app unlock but, if you are going to use multiple devices and apps and/or want the other Premiere only features (like Live TV and DVR) then Premiere is the better way to go.

Thanks!