Music Library - Artist Biography

masterNTH

masterNTH

Hi,
I've been testing Emby for the last week and created a TV Shows library which populated just fine with all details.

Now I've started my Music Library and found this takes much more effort to get right.

After doing the first import I added a lot of unrecognized (or wrongly recognized) artists by using IDENTIFY and adding the correct MusicBrainzID on the Artist page. This way I managed to get all the correct artist images displayed.

However the artists Biography doesn't show up for any of the artists.

I also added a few TheAudioDB IDs for some artists in the hope this would fetch the biography but unfortunately not so.

Running server 3.4.1.0 and all fetchers for the Music Library are ON, TheAudioDB listed first.

What can I do to get this displayed?

You'll need to make sure the musicbrainz id for artists is correct, then refresh the artist. This will be improved with the next release. Thanks.

masterNTH

Thanks for the quick reply Luke.

Unfortunately this doesn't work.

If I go into   cache\audiodb-artist\ccfe7a3c-1a45-4984-a8d0-644549cefe61   it does show the bio for the band Europe in the  artist.json  file, the but in my display is still nothing (I'm using Chrome browser) and also the arist.nfo shows nothing.

Also weird. If I look at the metadata for the artist (select …/edit  on artist page) I do see the correct IDs but if I go into the MetadataManager and select the artist no IDs are shown at all only for the albums.

Any ideas?