DVR Padding not working on some recordings

Skopin

Skopin

I'm having some issues with the DVR padding not working. I currently have it set up to record 6 minutes before and 6 minutes after the scheduled show. In most instances, it works fine, but sometimes, I'll end up with a recording that is only 30 minutes long, meaning it did not record the extra 6 minutes before or after, and it ends up cutting off part of the show.

The show I'm recording is generally on in blocks of 2-3 hours, so in most cases, I can see the missing parts in the next recording, but not always. Log is attached from one of the recordings.

On a side note, is there any way currently (or being planned for the future) to schedule recordings based strictly on time versus by show? Say I want to record a specific channel from 11:00pm-1:00am every night, rather than saying record a specific show in that time slot?

Log.txt

Hi, this is just an ffmpeg log. Can you attach the server log as well? Thanks.

Are you sure this is the right one? I don't see any recording activity here.

Skopin

Those are the only logs I have listed around the time of the recording, other than the recording logs themselves.

Can you create a new example and supply the logs all at the same time? Thanks !

Skopin

Ok, this one happened this morning. There were four episodes back to back. The second and fourth recorded with the correct padding, but the first and third episodes only recorded for 30 minutes. There is about a 30 second overlap between the end of recording 1 and the beginning of recording 2, and between the end of recording 3 and the beginning of recording 4.

recording1.txt

recording2.txt

recording3.txt

recording4.txt

serverlog.txt

I think it's because the source has bad timestamps. We tell ffmpeg to record for 41 minutes, and it judges this based on timestamps in the video to determine that it has 41 minutes worth. I guess we can just stop doing that and try to just terminate it, although there was a reason for doing this way back when.

Skopin

Well that is strange. I assumed it just took the scheduled time and padded based on that. is there any plan to allow recording by time instead of by show?