artwork location

ddurdle

ddurdle

What is the purpose of this settings?

ave artwork into media folders

Saving artwork into media folders will put them in a place where they can be easily edited.

If I have this set, I see movie art still downloads to the emby cache folder -- I expected the files to be saved inside the media folder.  

For TV shows, I see thumbnails and posterart saved inside the media folder.

What cache folder exactly are you referring to? can you please go over an example? thanks.

chowbok

If I have this set, I see movie art still downloads to the emby cache folder -- I expected the files to be saved inside the media folder.  

For TV shows, I see thumbnails and posterart saved inside the media folder.

Probably a permissions issue. Does the emby user have write permissions to the movie folders? If not, it will silently revert to the default behavior.

Happy2Play

If artwork isn't saved with media, then they are saved in \metadata\library\xx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Probably a permissions issue. Does the emby user have write permissions to the movie folders? If not, it will silently revert to the default behavior.

It will log it though, and then yes, silently revert to default behavior in order to ensure that features just work.

ddurdle

The NFO files are being saved to the folder with the media by Emby.  I have permissions set on every to emby:emby.

I'm going to flush the library and start again.  

Saving nfo files vs saving artwork locally are separate settings. The fact that one is happening has no bearing on the other.

chowbok

Saving nfo files vs saving artwork locally are separate settings. The fact that one is happening has no bearing on the other.

I think his point was that since emby is saving nfo files to the local directories, it must not be a permissions issue, as I suggested.

Ok thanks. the reason I asked him to double check his settings is that with the last release many of these settings were changed from being global settings to per library, so he may need to double check to ensure they are set the same as they were before.