XML & NFO on Collection

lalajee

lalajee

HI,

Is it possible to create NFO file for collection or view the current collection nfo files.

I create collection with Cat, Star and other settings but I cant seem to find the settings for collection data 

Happy2Play

Where is the location. i'm using portable  version

If select Edit metadata on a Collection you can see the path.

But they are located here "\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections" (will vary depending on your install).

lalajee

I'm creating Collection with all of the movies with stars, Genres, Studios but I like to make this as automate process

lalajee

I check the following location and I can see all of the collection ""\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections"" but cant see any xml/nfo file.

Now I move the folder and all of my collection are missing now. I still see name of collection in "\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections"

lalajee

I'm moving All movies from one location to another and I want to make sure my collection are still configure. I really dont want to loose them.

Also I do the collection manually at the moment which I would like to automate, this is why if I know how the collection are done then i can do this

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm moving All movies from one location to another and I want to make sure my collection are still configure. I really dont want to loose them.

This will be supported in Emby Server 4.6.

• 2 years later...
GregMo

So this is supported now?  I'm guessing it's maintained internal and not written to an NFO file?  No images saved?  I have two copies of my media and one of those copies is seen by 2 servers, so I'm looking at 3 servers total.  It would be ideal if I had to only setup collections on one of them, instead of all 3.  This isn't much of an issue with collections that Emby scrapes on its own, but when you have a few you've created yourself, it gets tiresome quick.

Happy2Play
50 minutes ago, GregMo said:

So this is supported now?  I'm guessing it's maintained internal and not written to an NFO file?  No images saved?  I have two copies of my media and one of those copies is seen by 2 servers, so I'm looking at 3 servers total.  It would be ideal if I had to only setup collections on one of them, instead of all 3.  This isn't much of an issue with collections that Emby scrapes on its own, but when you have a few you've created yourself, it gets tiresome quick.

Collections come from item metadata so you can move media wherever you like as the previous collections.xml with paths are obsolete and new nfo is only general info for the collection itself.

As long as your media contains the proper data you can have as many servers as you like reading and creating the same collection.  But from a custom standpoint you will need to inject/copy the images to each server from a configured on vis /metadata/collections/eachcollection.  

Basically from server writing all metadata you could just copy /metadata/collections to the other servers that only read,

GregMo
44 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But from a custom standpoint you will need to inject/copy the images to each server from a configured on vis /metadata/collections/eachcollection.  

Yeah, this is what I was hoping to avoid.  I must say, when I was pondering over this after the fact I had an idea that I think would be amazing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would benefit from it...  How awesome would it be if a primary Emby server could be setup to be the scrapper for secondary servers?  I've been thinking for ages that I would like to setup/create my own scrapping server but in thinking about it, Emby already has most of the functionality needed already built into it.