Stuttering and crashing

grimr33f3r

grimr33f3r

Hey, forgive me if this isn't the best place to post this. Having a few issues with the app, tried uninstalling/reinstall, cleared cache/data, updated my Mibox to 8.0 (Been putting it off for a while anyway) and then reinstalled on the new version.

Problem: Watching any video file and after about 3-10 mins (Varies) the video will start to stutter, audio continues on, this will gradually get worse for about 15-20 seconds before it stops completely along with the audio. Shortly after I get an Android error that Emby has stopped responding.
This seems to be working fine when accessing a local server, the problem starts when accessing remote. I can access the remote server on web with no issues.
Error message: Emby has stopped responding (Doesn't always get this far)
Version
  • AndroidTV App: 1.6.04g 
  • Server: 3.4.1.0
Device: Xiaomi MiBox3 on Oreo 8.0 (Had the same issue on 6.0 but updated to see if it would help)
Logs: Sent at ~14:00-15:50 GMT (Sent multiple)
User: grimr33f3r

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

grimr33f3r

Apologies missed the request for the logs, though as it's not my server getting them isn't easy.

From what we managed to find, the issue is occurring when the file needs to be transcoded, direct play is fine. The transcoding is due to a direct play error, container bitrate exceeds limit.

@@ebr - Oreo went out back end of April for the Mi, though seems there's still quite a few that haven't updated. I had to manually check for updates before it was offered as an OTA. I'm at work currently but can check lowering the quality tonight, though would that not cause the same issue if it's related to transcoding?