Metadata not downloading

DUG

Hi

I recently updated to the latest version and realised I could relocate some of the system files.

I decided to move the metadata and transcoding folders off the OS drive and onto the faster and raid protected media volume.

it looks like that was a really bad move, as i lost all downloaded metadata on the next library refresh.

new stuff is fine, but my 10TB of old stuff has no metadata anymore - no people, genre, descriptions etc. just the artwork that is saved to folders.

I tried copying the old metadata folder into the new one (its huge ~ 4GB) - restart - re scan - no love

I tried manually refreshing metadata from metadata manager (per item and per folder) - no love

I tried moving the metadata location back to my user folder - restart - re scan - no love

the only thing that seems to work is renaming the file in explorer , a re-scan picks it up as a new item and gets new metadata.. 

but then i lose all my personal metadata like watched status, apart from the obvious impracticality of manually renaming thousands of files and folders

it seems as though the metadata manager rescan / refresh doesn't really work too well

Doug

Edited by DUG

Hi Luke

Thanks for the response.

That's great to hear. Good luck with it, I look forward to it.

I will add one thing, while going through my media and renaming folders and files, I am noticing a trend;

It seems the older movies i uploaded back when it was called media browser seem to be the main ones missing metadata. I am noting that "some" more recent content at about 6 months still seems ok. 

Ill hold off the mass renaming of my media for now :)

Edited by DUG

When you rename files or folders, they'll be treated as brand new media and those should be fine once you run a library scan.