Server not Found

rickperry3

rickperry3

After setting up the Emby server on my PC, which it looks on the Dashboard that everything installed okay.   Added library content.  Then went to Amazon Fire to play it back.  The App finds the named server I set up but when I try to connect I get "Server Not Found" error.    I even tried just entering the IP address and port and still the same result.

Disabled firewall and AV software, still can't be found.  Any help would be appreciated.

Almost has to be a network configuration problem.  Does your server show the proper address on the dashboard?

rickperry3

Well that's a good question. I don't know if it's the PROPER address but it is showing my IP address and a PORT address of 8096.  I even tried to input the information manually in the app and got the same result.  Like I said, it's weird that the APP recognizes my server by the name I gave it, but won't connect to it.

Also, when trying to connect to it via the server itself via Chrome, it still can't find it.

Edited by rickperry3

Also, when trying to connect to it via the server itself via Chrome, it still can't find it.

Definitely a network/firewall configuration issue.  Check your firewall for specific rules.  Disabling the firewall is not a good test.

rickperry3

Thanks.  I did disable the firewall completely, turned off my AV too just to see what would happen and I still get the same results.  I'll tinker around more with the firewall and whitelists to see what I can get.  Thanks

Disabling the firewall in Windows does not open up your system so that is not a good way to test connectivity issues.

Thanks.