Playback issue

keith2045

keith2045

I'm having some playback issues with a few movie titles. I'm using emby on Linux as the server and using the fire tv app to view them on my TV. So far it only appears to be 2 titles that i've noticed. After about 5 minutes of playback every minute or so it pauses for a few seconds. Attached are the logs. Any suggestions? 

server.log

ffmpeg.log

It looks like you're just not getting fast enough transcoding to be playable. Are you willing to try a fresh install?

Our newer install packages ship with a newer ffmpeg and may perform better, but since you're running our legacy install package they are currently not compatible. Thanks.

keith2045

I did a install over the top of my existing installation. It looks like it upgraded ffmpeg (log show 3.4.2). The issue still exists. Attached is the ffmpeg log, nothing stands out to me. 

ffmpeg.log

The next release will update to ffmpeg 4.0.

If your system just can't transcode fast enough then I'm not sure it will make much difference.

My suggestion would be one of the following. Play content that is easier for your system to handle. This video has vc1 and that is the costliest to transcode. Try playing video with h264.

Or try using our convert feature to convert the video to a streaming friendly format prior to playing it.

Or try using an emby app that can direct play vc1 without transcoding, such as emby theater for windows.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

keith2045

I'm not 100% sure but i'm pretty sure i've been able to watch these specific titles before (using amazon fire tv). I'm not sure it's the system as it has like 6 cores (2.3) and 6ish GB of ram. I have it running as a VM on a linux server. 

I'll do some more digging/testing

Thanks