ASRock J5005-ITX as Server

SHSPVR

SHSPVR

Was look at the ASRock J5005-ITX and I sitting hear wondering what do all think of it do you all think it may have enough for accelerated video transcoding say up 6 device at once ?.

The spec

Intel UHD Graphics 605: 18 EUs inside (Up to 800MHz)
DX12, OpenGL 4.3, OGL ES 3.0, OpenCL 2.0
HW Acceleration Decode: HEVC (H.265) 8 bit, HEVC (H.265)10 bit, H.264 @ Lvl5.2 (AVC), JPEG/MJPEG, VP8, VP9 8bit, VP9 10 bit
HW Acceleration Encode: HEVC (H.265) 8 bit, HEVC (H.265)10 bit, H.264 @ Lvl5.2 (AVC), JPEG/MJPEG, VP8, VP9 8bit

It would be awesome build to toss in to a Fractal Design Core 500 (Or something similar), 8GB of Ram, ToughArmor MB607SP-B 4 Bay Hot swap, Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD Tuner (Wish it had more PCIe 1x slot) and 120GB or 128GB SSD boot drive along with 3 2.5" laptop drives up to 4TB

Edited by SHSPVR

Jdiesel

I would try to get an Intel G4620 and a dedicated cheap itx motherboard if it was me. Slightly more money but the G4620 has a HD630 GPU which is much more capable and should easily do 6 transcodes at once with hardware acceleration.

Edited by Jdiesel

SHSPVR

I would try to get an Intel G4620 and a dedicated cheap itx motherboard if it was me. Slightly more money but the G4620 has a HD630 GPU which is much more capable and should easily do 6 transcodes at once with hardware acceleration.

Not bad ides but now you got at lease 5x more power consumption plus the more additional cost of motherboard plus a better power supply is need and for what it worth you may just go for an Intel i3 8100 over that G4620 along with new 300 series micro ITX motherboard as mini ITX motherboard use lee a cost a lot more.

Edited by SHSPVR

Guest asrequested

That's the price you pay more capability. More power consumption. If they ever get organotechnology working, maybe then it'll be different.

• 1 month later...
rafatrance

I'm just looking at components for my future server at home. I've noticed the Asrock J4105 ITX. Will it be enough for 4 or 5 transcoding and 5 or 4 Docker containers?

A greeting.

SHSPVR

I'm just looking at components for my future server at home. I've noticed the Asrock J4105 ITX. Will it be enough for 4 or 5 transcoding and 5 or 4 Docker containers?

A greeting.

I think the must it may be able to do is 2 up to possible 4 hardware GPU transcoding unlike with direct stream like to a Roku, I don't think it going to be able to handle a lot docker containers as you need memory for that and lot of resources