Add a virtual "Plan ON" device and export to predefined icecast stream

kdj70

Hello

It will be nice to have a virtual "Play On" device, which routes the audio to a predefined icecast stream.

Use case:

One can use the EMBY web interface to control and create a full house audio.

For example the EMBY server could be used as part of home automation or full house audio

A predefined output stream could be used as a "house radio station" and routed to different players as part of automation subroutines.

yes.. 

I am currently struggling to make this happen.

I am using mopidy + iris (web Front end) + audio going through icecast to predefined stream

For automation i am using Home Assistant 

I can start the stream and route it to different players (Chromecast/Sonos) by voice

I can move the audio from room to room based on presence detection.

However mopidy/webstreaming is not very stable and I like Emby's interface much better

It will be nice to have this option here too, so i can switch to emby

K

Home Assistant (through automation , or voice (Alexa, google))  can select a playlist and start the player.

Also you can select a speaker (through automation , or voice (Alexa, google)) to play the output stream

You can set a scene (i.e. select a playlist, speaker, set volume, lights, etc)

For example:

- "Romantic scene": dims the lights, selects a playlist and play the music with certain volume on specific speaker

- "Good morning": on motion detector after 7am in the kitchen, says "Good morning" and plays some morning music in the kitchen

- you play the music, and the music follows in the different rooms, activated by motion detector 

etc... whatever imagination you have

the premise of above is that you have a fixed output stream (i.e. http://192.168.1.4:8000/mopidy.mp3 ) you can attach different speakers whit whatever automation you may create (you can ask Sonos to play this stream, or chrome-cast to play it, or rasberry pi )

chef

That's pretty cool.

I haven't ever used the streaming part of the emby API before.

I have used the remote commands, requesting items to play on different devices.

But haven't yet taken the time to learn the streaming 'Ins and outs' of Alexa/Google.

I have written serveral custom skills for Alexa and tied them quite nicely into emby though.

I am actually not using any Alexa streaming skills.

It's just simple "turn on " and "turn off" commands

Most of the action is done through home assistant. And it is as simple as passing a fixed icecast stream to a medial player (i.e. all speakers are media players)

This is why i thought it would be a good addition to Emby to add streaming to a fixed icecast "House Radio / House Video" stream as part of a Server plugin.

It will nicely fit into the EMBYs server architecture, and you can just select it from the "Play On" button from a central control tablet (for example)

This could be another "Emby virtual Device"

Home Assistant Automation

- alias: Change speaker
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: input_select.speaker_select
  condition:
    condition: state
    entity_id: media_player.mpd
    state: 'playing'
  action:
    - service: media_player.media_stop
      data_template: 
        entity_id: > 
          media_player.{{trigger.from_state.state}}
    - service: media_player.play_media
      data_template:
        entity_id: media_player.{{states('input_select.speaker_select')}}
        media_content_id: 'http://192.168.1.2:8000/mopidy.mp3'
        media_content_type: 'music'

• 2 years later...
Mrbreil

Any solution, for this.

because the alexa skill is still not available in germany. i would like to play a stream as radio on the echo. It already works via the logitechmediaserver to Icecast to Alexa. But I just want to use Emby.

• 1 year later...

I was going to write a new request topic but this one kind of fits, I think. I just want to be able to stream out to icecast server from Emby. Kind of like BUTT software built in or plugged into Emby.