Caching of Guide data?

Trekster

Trekster

Hi guys,

I have a quick question.

I have experience with tvheadend and Kodi frontend. The Kodi box would cache guide data locally and the data would be instantaneous on the box.

On emby, if I press a guide point it will say null. If I choose it by scrolling, wait for a sec or two and then press it, it will show a description.

It seems data is not cached locally, is that true? Is it possible to cache 1-3 days worth of data locally on the client?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi.  I don't think we need to manage a cache for this on the app.  Can  you please explain exactly what you mean by "when I press a guide point" and then exactly what you see?

Thanks.

Trekster

1. Open emby

2. Open guide

3. Now press on any item, it will show "null"

4. If I choose something and wait a sec or two before opening to see a description, it will be ok.

This is on an nVidia shield TV.

I'll post a video of this tomorrow when I get home.

Trekster

Hi @@ebr

These two images are from the guide.

First I browse to a item press it - no description or just "null"

Then I go back and present it again - now full description.dd20d719d86fbc436f7792ad8c2fa046.jpg10656bc166e26172e3db1f4ae13228a9.jpg

What happens if you wait just a few seconds before bringing it up the first time?

Trekster

What happens if you wait just a few seconds before bringing it up the first time?

If I wait 2 seconds then it will be ok. But that is not the behaviour of our household.

We would browse and then choose to see a description, not pause and then choose.

That's why the Kodi solution worked as it was cached data for the next 24 hours.

Trekster

Is your server on your local network or remote?

The server is hosted in a docker container on my DS3617xs. Locally, it is wired to my network with 1Ggbit and the Shield is on AC-WiFi connected with 866mbit.

The docker container along with the config folder is on pure Intel DC3610 SSD storage(RAID10), so there shouldn't be any bottlenecks.

Edited by Trekster

• 3 weeks later...
okEric

I'm noticing the same issue. It's if I select an item then push select quickly it'll show as null and if I close and then reopen it shows the information. If I pause like was mentioned before selecting it doesn't seem to have the issue.