Episodes missing from Next Up

kingy444

kingy444

I've had this issue before - generally on shows that were watched on older versions and then they decide to release episodes years after i marked as watched (Prison Break for isntance)

Normally not a big hassle and is resolved simply by marking all unwatched at the series level - then marking each season watched until where your up to - this seems to correct the DB next up status

Obviously not working for me this time  :(

So the issue is a series that just released some new episodes - screenshots below to show i have the episodes, but once i mark episode 10 as watched, 11 does not move into the next up list (same for 12 if i mark 11 watched). 

Any Suggestions

5b2d6f2a7eea5_issue1.png5b2d6f36a79af_issue2.png5b2d6f426ffcf_issue3.png

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

With the images being different, are the episode paths the same (edit metadata)?

kingy444

With the images being different, are the episode paths the same (edit metadata)?

Yep - each episode is its own individual file - each being in the same directory

Happy2Play

Emby doesn't appear to see it that way as Next up is showing a Series Thumb and episode is showing Episode Thumb (they should be the same).  So you have a difference somewhere in your collection.

Edited by Happy2Play

kingy444

Emby doesn't appear to see it that way as Next up is showing a Series Thumb and episode is showing Episode Thumb (they should be the same).  So you have a difference somewhere in your collection.

It has literally always been like that - next up shows the series level image and then when you drill in every episode has their own image - are you trying to tell me yours is different? because ive installed multiple times and they have all been the same

the episode thumbs shown are the ones seen when you are on the episode 10 screen - though the same are shown if i go back up to the season level

kingy444

one strange thing i just noticed on the metadata for those two is that all the other episodes have a sort title - 11/12 do not - images below

5b2d8b5af058d_issue4.png5b2d8b647f50c_issue5.png

Happy2Play

The Sort name and next up is a old issue, selective episode sort titles create havoc on Next Up.

kingy444

Your episodes have inconsistent sort titles, so there's your issue.

@@Luke - that would make sense - but does embu have a way to fix this or would i need to manually adjust every file?

I never set the sort title to begin with?

You'd have to manually adjust them. You may have never set the sort title, but perhaps an external program did.

kingy444

You'd have to manually adjust them. You may have never set the sort title, but perhaps an external program did.

What sort of program ? EMBY is the only thing that touches that metadata?

Perhaps you used an external program in the past. Emby itself will leave sorttitle blank unless you manually edit.

Happy2Play

When was this series/episodes added as there was a bug that added sort titles awhile ago.

Here is a easy fix/workaround using notepad++.

kingy444

@@Luke

can you comfirm that tv series have no requirement for a sort title.

ie. if i bulk.update every single series i have usong a script (powershll) and re.ove the sort title i wont break anytning ?

assuming i do it correctly and only clear the field of course, just it would technically be fine ?

edit: i get what @@Happy2Play is suggesting - just if this was truly caused by a bug at some stage i'd prefer to fix all my metadata and not have the problem again

Edited by kingy444

Happy2Play

Just ensure you shut down the server as Real time monitoring could go crazy depending on how many files get updated.

kingy444

Your episodes have inconsistent sort titles, so there's your issue.

@@Luke it turns out that series was the only one affected - i blew away all the metadata for that series and started again - no more sort titles

I still however have the issue  :(  so it would appear unrelated to the sort titles

Not sure if worth mentioning - but i also noticed that if episode 10 is unread - i can see it as next up at the series level - but episode 11 never appears...

kingy444

Issue appears to track back to as early as season 1 episode 9 - see below - it is ignoring episode 9 as next up and displaying episode 10

If i set episode 10 as watched it skips to S2E3 next up despite eps 1/2 also being unwatched

edit: all i can specifically say is it appears related to specific episodes. I tried again, deleting S01E08 (and marking unwatched), renaming S01E09 to be S01E08 - it then appears in next up. If i rename that one back to S01E09 it skips to S01E10 as next up. Essentially not related to the file, but something in the DB ?

5b2f603e81666_issue6.png5b2f60491c09a_issue7.png

Edited by kingy444

Again, this is not an issue. Your sort titles have been customized, so the server is honoring your customizations.

kingy444

Again, this is not an issue. Your sort titles have been customized, so the server is honoring your customizations.

@@Luke

i think you must have missed the note above, i no longer have any sort titles

I just checked again - and even after deleting the nfo files they were recreated with the same sort title. Manually editing through the UI now.

Why/How could they be recreated if i deleted the entire metadata content?

Edited by kingy444

I think at some point we will just stop supporting SortTitle for episodes, and just live with that loss of feature in exchange for this type of thing never happening again.