Locking Metadata

bjhille

bjhille

I'm in the process of going from Plex to Emby.  I won't get into all the reasons why, let's just say Emby fits my needs much better than Plex has.

I need to import over 800 movies, plus TV Shows, plus a bunch of other media.  I have already tagged them, but looking forward to letting Emby get better information than I have already done.  I do NOT want Emby to update the Genre.  That is one thing I have tagged all my media with that I want to maintain.  I know I can "edit metadata" and then go to "enabled fields" and uncheck genres's for example and that field will not get updated for that specific movie.  I want to be able to set these options at the Library level?  I don't want it on all my libraries, but I do want to lock the Genre for all movies in a particular library.  Does that make sense?  I really don't want to click on over 800 media files individually to prevent the genre from being updated.

Thanks.  Brian

chowbok

I haven't tested it, but it looks like you can do that from the Metadata Manager. Just click on the appropriate "Media Folder" and then it gives you all the metadata options for everything at once, including locks.

I think he's asking for locked fields to inherit.

Since the overall locked flag already inherits I would say this probably makes sense, but open to comments about that.

bjhille

I ended up editing each nfo file separately as I had other issues from a previous tagging program (languages were all over the place, etc.).  So, this need isn't as important to me, but yes...my thought was I could lock genre's at a library level and none of the movies/shows in that library would update the genre's when scraping.  If someone manually edited the nfo and rescanned, that's different.