Emby server failing after loading web interface

icsy7867

icsy7867

I just upgraded to 3.4.1 without issue and it appeared everything was working yesterday.

However, today everything has gone awry.  When I try to load the main emby page locally everything loads fine, but the next thing I click fails to load.  So I SSH'd into my emby server to poke around.

I have of course tried restarting the server and my machine, which results in the same thing.  It works fine for the first page load and then the process crashes.  The apps are also crashing the emby-server service.

● emby-server.service - Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device.
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: signal) since Fri 2018-06-22 09:57:27 EDT; 5min ago
  Process: 3163 ExecStart=/opt/emby-server/bin/emby-server (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
 Main PID: 3163 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)

Jun 22 09:56:53 emby emby-server[3163]: Info App: Sqlite compiler options: COMPILER=gcc-6.3.0,ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA,ENABLE_DBSTAT_VTAB,ENABLE_FTS3,ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS,ENABLE_FTS3_TOKENIZER,ENABLE_FTS5,E
Jun 22 09:56:53 emby emby-server[3163]: Info App: Default journal_mode for /var/lib/emby/data/sync14.db is wal
Jun 22 09:56:53 emby emby-server[3163]: Info App: PRAGMA synchronous=1
Jun 22 09:56:53 emby emby-server[3163]: Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Sync.SyncManagerEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0189243 seconds
Jun 22 09:56:53 emby emby-server[3163]: Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Sync.SyncNotificationEntryPoint
Jun 22 09:56:53 emby emby-server[3163]: Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Sync.SyncNotificationEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0011852 seconds
Jun 22 09:56:53 emby emby-server[3163]: Info App: All entry points have started
Jun 22 09:57:27 emby systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Jun 22 09:57:27 emby systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jun 22 09:57:27 emby systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

I have checked the server logs in /var/lib/emby/logs and do not see anything causing the crashes.  At this point it might just be easier to rebuild.  If anyone has 

icsy7867

Posted too soon!

Updating from apt-get repo to the deb caused an issue as the new installation expects:

/var/lib/emby-server

but the apt repos use:

/var/lib/emby

I simply created the symlink to "make" the /var/lib/emby-server folder

from this post:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58573-can-not-scan-after-upgrade-to-340/

I simply ran:

sudo ln -s /var/lib/emby /var/lib/emby-server

However, this is a bandaid,  I will most likely rebuild my outdated ubuntu VM in favor of a RHEL7 one in the future.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes currently you cannot mix the the old and new install packages.