Pinned LG and Samsung devices not appearing in Device List

Bearus1987

Bearus1987

Hi All,

My first post here so hoping not in the wrong section but I have a weird issue with my Emby service running on a Linux platform. All of a sudden when I pin up LG and Samsung TV devices for some strange reason they are not showing in my devices. This is anightmare as if I want to remove a device or restrict access from a user perspective I can't.

I have an Emby premiere 1,000 licence package and these devices may or not be taking licences but I find it strange as it was working and now when I pin these devices they work and I can see on the dashboard when users active but I can't view them in devices to rename them?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Hi, it sounds like you're running the beta server. There are ongoing, in-progress changes to device management so just keep an eye on future betas. Curious, why do you rename the devices? Thanks.

Bearus1987

I rename the devices as have about 200 active users and some are Amazon device so I like to rename them as easier to locate that way as some look identical. When you say I am running the beta server is there an easy way to find this out?

Cheers !

Bearus1987

Here you go mate. Use these logs for my other Xbox related post please. It appears the Xbox issue is if a Xbox is pinned to certain user it dont work. If I pin an Xbox to a new user it seems to work? As for the LG and Samsung Devices not appearing could do with this being sorted though :)

Cheers

Emby Log.txt

FFMPEG Recent.txt

That's strange since you are on the stable release. In any event, this is getting overhauled for the next release so it might not be worth looking too deep into.

Bearus1987

If anything it wasn't a problem until recently so will hold out until next release.

Cheers