Library Scan Logging

Animosity022

Animosity022

I'm trying to figure out what a library scan is doing when I hit the scan all. 

I've tried to turn up the log to debug and restarted the server by clicking the checkbox but I'm still not sure what's actually happening as my initial scan is completed and each scan now still seems to take 20-25 minutes.

If there isn't a whole lot in the log then it might just be scanning through the folders. If you attach it we may be able to offer some advice. Thanks.

Ok there isn't much activity here so I guess that's just how long it took to scan through your folders. The next release should be a little bit faster. 

Animosity022

Via what command though is it running? 

I'm just trying to figure out what the bottleneck is as it is a rclone mount to my GD so I'm wondering what it's doing:

felix@gemini:/gmedia$ time find . | wc -l

real 0m0.137s
user 0m0.012s
sys 0m0.010s

As a find or anything along those lines runs very fast, but I do have ~1800 Movies and ~18k TV shows.

It's just going through each folder one at a time and getting lists of files.

Animosity022

It seems like it's doing something other than that as I can do a ls -alR and get the results back in less than a second:

felix@gemini:/gmedia$ time ls -alR | wc -l

real 0m0.607s
user 0m0.051s
sys 0m0.124s

Is there something else to run to more mimic what it is doing?

I'm not quite sure sorry. The next release should scan a little faster. Thanks.

Animosity022

I tested out the beta Version 3.4.1.17 beta and didn't see much difference as it takes 18 minutes on the scan with no changes.

Is there another version I should test out? Are there any other logs/flags I can turn on to see what's going on?

Animosity022

I turned my rclone to debug and i can see for each file, it's trying to stat a .NFO that doesn't exist so since the file system isn't local. I'm getting ~25k total calls for my Library that doesn't exist which seems to be something that slows it down:

Jun 20 17:35:11 gemini rclone[10414]: : >Statfs: stat={Blocks:274877906944 Bfree:263313927718 Bavail:274877906944 Files:1000000000 Ffree:1000000000 Bsize:4096 Namelen:255 Frsize:4096}, err=<nil>
Jun 20 17:35:11 gemini rclone[10414]: Movies/: Lookup: name="Fast.&.Furious.2009.nfo"
Jun 20 17:35:11 gemini rclone[10414]: Movies/: >Lookup: node=<nil>, err=no such file or directory
Edited by Animosity022

Animosity022

I have Metadata Savers to "not checked" in those 2 libraries. Is there a way to turn off search a NFO in the library? That seems to add roughly 10 minutes to the scan from my calculations.

Animosity022

So tried the beta, 3.4.1.18 and my times dropped from 20 minutes to 2 minutes. I can live with that as a nice scan time.