emby crashes every ~2 min

newton031

newton031

I have iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV clients running from an Emby Server 3.4.1.0 on Windows 10.

Every time I play a video, regardless of which client it is, the video crashes after about 2 mins.

I attached the latest logs. The last time this happened was around 6am this morning.

Log.txt

Hi.  What does "the video crashes" mean exactly?

Also, I believe there are probably some ffmpeg logs generated.  Can you please reproduce the problem and post that ffmpeg log?

Thanks.

newton031

Hi.  What does "the video crashes" mean exactly?

Also, I believe there are probably some ffmpeg logs generated.  Can you please reproduce the problem and post that ffmpeg log?

Thanks.

What I mean by "the video crashes" is that the video goes blank and leaves me with a black screen. It then takes me out of the video, and into the after. The app is unresponsive, and after a few minutes, it crashes as well and takes me to the home screen

The ffmpeg logs is attached

Log.txt

newton031

What I mean by "the video crashes" is that the video goes blank and leaves me with a black screen. It then takes me out of the video, and into the after. The app is unresponsive, and after a few minutes, it crashes as well and takes me to the home screen

The ffmpeg logs is attached

I noticed that this only occurs with some videos. For example, here's a screenshot of one video that crashes

post-41190-0-07596700-1529822123_thumb.png

newton031

Can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks.

I'm a bit of a novice. How do I do provide a sample? The original video is rather large

newton031

Strange issue. For the files that crash, I also noticed that they have the wrong metadata. I assumed Emby was pulling from my local metadata fetched by another software. But apparently, I needed to install the XML plugin to get it working. I posted about that problem here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60183-unable-to-correct-wrong-metadata/&do=findComment&comment=590892

Once it used the local metadata and had the correct information, the videos no longer crash.

I didn't realize metadata affected playback? Strange issue, but I'm glad everything is working now.

Edited by newton031

What software created the xml? For us, xml is now a legacy format, and we rely on community contributions to keep the plugin going. I'm surprised to hear a program is still creating files that way.

However, having said that, while I'm glad your crashing is gone, I think it is coincidental about being related to files with xml.