Can't Save Library Settings

Raz716

Raz716

I'm having two issues, both related to I think the same root cause:

1. Real time monitoring isn't working

2. Anime summaries are in German instead of English

In both cases, I can see the setting that I need to change in the Library settings (manage folders). However, when I pick the correct option or check the box, there's no save button or anything. Clicking the back arrow or outside the window closes it, but on re-opening it, the settings I picked weren't saved. My media library is on a zfs share, and real time monitoring has definitely worked before. This was something that broke with a recent update. As I was looking around the forums, I saw the tip to make a symlink for the server libraries, which I did. Maybe I messed something up there. Thanks for any help!

Hi there, why do you feel the realtime monitor isn't working? Can you discuss that?

As far as anime goes, I have heard others report that issue with the anime plugin before. I would suggest uninstalling the plugin, then refresh your content in Emby and let it fetch the metadata with tvdb. You may get a better result with that. Thanks !

Raz716

I managed to fix my settings not being saved by removing my library and re-adding it. That at least let me enable realtime monitoring and move my search providers around. The anime issue was fixed without having to remove the Anime plugin. I just had to move tvdb above anisearch, which is weird since anisearch was disabled, but it worked.

I'm going to test the realtime monitoring again by adding a new file to my library and seeing if it gets picked up.

Raz716

So I gave it about an hour, but it looks like the real time monitoring didn't pick up my new file. I kicked off a manual library scan, and it picked it up just fine after the 10 minute scan finished. Are there any steps you want me to take with debug logging enabled to try figuring this out?

Raz716

My media is stored onto a zfs pool, mounted at /mnt/media. I have a few folders in there: Anime, Movies, and TV Shows. Each of these folders is symlinked to from /srv/media (e.g. /srv/media/Anime is a symlink to /mnt/media/Anime). These /srv directories are the folders I've added to my libraries.

The TV Shows library is set to a content type of TV shows and contains two folders, /srv/media/Anime and /srv/media/TV Shows.

For this test, I added an episode from an anime, My Hero Academia, to my zpool: "/mnt/media/Anime/My Hero Academia/My Hero Academia ep6 - Rage, You Damned Nerd.mkv". This file shows up fine when accessed through /srv/media/Anime. The real time monitoring didn't pick anything up. After about 20 minutes, I went to the library and initiated a manual scan via the web interface. The episode was then picked up without a problem.

I've attached the log below, with debug enabled.

embyserver.txt

Ok yes it looks like events are just not firing. We're depending on this function from the .net core runtime. The next release of Emby Server will upgrade from .NET Core 2.0 to 2.1, we can re-evaluate this with that. Thanks !

peaveyman

My first post here, just trying Emby out. I have noticed the real time monitoring isn't working for me either. I'm on Manjaro Linux, an Arch spin. A manual scan finds the files just fine. My files are all on ext4 partitions.

Edited by peaveyman

My first post here, just trying Emby out. I have noticed the real time monitoring isn't working for me either. I'm on Manjaro Linux, an Arch spin. A manual scan finds the files just fine. My files are all on ext4 partitions.

Hi, welcome. Please check your emby library settings and make sure that you've enabled it. Thanks.