Emby Server Upgrade

filewalker

filewalker

Hello!

i am using emby for some time now, have the premium subscription and am very happy with this. Everytime there was an update, the dashboard shows an message and i was able to update it via a single button push, or via apt-get (using emby on debian). Now i am on version 3.3.1.0 and getting an update message to 3.4.1.0 but i am not able to update via a button. there is only the hint, to shutdown emby server manually and upgrade.

Is it save to just download the latest .deb package and install it using dpkg? Do i have to migrate something? Why does the update button stopped working? I have read something about old Mono version vs new net.core version. Where can i see, what version i am using?

Many questions, hope you can help. I was not able to answer all these with the search function.

Thank you!

hi @@filewalker, there are some challenges for us right now to update the mono repository. If you follow the instructions in posts #3 and #4 here, you can update manually:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58613-question-about-my-32-bit-upgrade/?p=574032

The dpkg is our newer install package and is recommended for new installations, but it would require first a complete purge of the mono installation. Thanks.

• Like 1