Wrong times in epg

muppets4

muppets4

Probably not Emby related. But I use webgrabber to create an epg. Lots of data, so happy with that. But time is off. Something between half an hour and an hour. Am I missing the obvious?

Edited by muppets4

muppets4

In the data there is for example this line:

<programme start="20180616093000 +0100" stop="20180616095000 +0100" channel="NPO 1 HD">

This program started today, 16 june 2018, at 13.00 hour realtime. The first part of 20180616093000 is the date. That leaves me with 093000 for the time. If I read this correct it is 9.30. And that's way off. Emby reads the file correct. But what am I doing wrong with webgrab?

Going to another forum too, but if someone reads this and has a clue: please share (:

I'm not really an expert with webgrab. Does it have any settings to configure a time offset?

muppets4

It does. But the strange thing is that it is 1 h 40 m off

edit: just noticed I got a reply from one of the admins at Webgrab. He stated:

now why is it shown as 11:00 and not 13:00 in the xml data?
look at the end of the start date/time in thew xml data and you will see +0000.
this means the times are in UTC and not nertherlands local time,the epg grid show netherlands time.

you epg viewing software(perfect player,kodi,ect) should be smart enough to correctly calculate the correct time for you.
it should..
get your local timezone where you live(usually from the device clock),i will assume you live in the netherlands.
so it should know that netherlands is UTC +0200 right now so it will add 2 hrs to the start/stop time of all the programs with a timeoffset of +0000.

Is Emby doing this correctly?

Edited by muppets4

Yes we already assume UTC in the xml data. Then on your display device it gets converted to local time. Have you set your system time zone correctly?

@@Senna, how does your xml data compare?

Senna

@@Luke

All my xml data from my guide provider is delivered in UTC time with no time offset.

Example for a program that starts at 21:00 my local time (NL) and which Emby processes correctly :

</programme><programme start="20180617190000 +0000" stop="20180617200500 +0000" channel="NPO1.nl">
    <title lang="nl">NOS FIFA WK Voetbal: Brazilië - Zwitserland</title>
    <desc lang="nl">Rechtstreeks verslag van de wedstrijd Brazilië - Zwitserland</desc>
    <date>2018</date>
    <category lang="nl">Sport</category>
    <category lang="nl">Voetbal</category>
    <icon src="https://wp22-images-nl-dynamic.horizon.tv/EventImages/292733083.p.c329040e10c6b42add12839d3f40615107533f57.jpg"/>

muppets4

I've changed the ini file for webgrabber back to original. utc instead of Europe/Amsterdam. All seems ok now. Nothing different then the first time. So wonder what went wrong initially.