Emby Did Not Record From HDHR This Evening

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

@@Luke

Emby did not record Emmerdale nor The Gadget Show from HDHR this evening at 19:00 or 18:58 to be precise (because of 2 minutes pre padding)

Can you take a look at the enclosed log and tell me why?

Cannot see that it even started to open the stream.

A restart of the server immediately started the recordings albeit 20 minutes late!!

Krs

Mark

embyserver-norecord.txt

maegibbons

No.  It does not sleep.

And certainly awake at the time because we were watching recorded stuff on Fire TV.

Krs

Mark

Ok the log doesn't have enough information to really see what happened. I will have to add more logging and then we'll have to just wait and see if it happens again. thanks.

maegibbons

Ok @@Luke I understand and would agree that more debug logging would be good.

However, it appears something went haywire as normal events that you would expect to see just are not there.

This is not the first time I have seen this but it is infrequent.  Just got around to mentioning it here.

If you can get more logging in that will be great.

I will then come back when it happens again.

Krs

Mark

Actually they are there, there are events of recording timer fired right around the expected time. It's just that the messages don't indicate what recordings they belong to so i need to improve that.

maegibbons

Actually they are there, there are events of recording timer fired right around the expected time. It's just that the messages don't indicate what recordings they belong to so i need to improve that.

Sure but I would expect to see more HDHR related messages such as "Opening channel stream from Emby" and "GetChannelStream: channel id: hdhr_37"

Etc,etc

Krs

Mark

Understood. The reason why we're here is to try and find out why that didn't happen.

maegibbons

Bingo!  On the same page!  I will wait for the extra debug code to get in the beta and wait further for the issue to happen again.

Krs

Mark