Why do these user accounts look different?

Michael K.

Michael K.

Hello,

I'm looking at two users that were created using an Emby Connect Invitation (see attached screenshots). I can change the name and account fields for 'Kenneth', but not for 'Eisenj13'. Please help me understand why these are different and how to change the name for 'Eisenj13'. Thanks.

post-126210-0-18427800-1528863236_thumb.png

post-126210-0-62605800-1528863241_thumb.png

Hi.  They weren't actually created the same way.

The first one is a local Emby Server user that you connected to a Connect account by providing the user name in the field you see there.  This one can be un-linked from Connect and continue to operate as a local user and you can log into it either via Connect or using the local credentials.

The second one is a guest user that you created by only providing the Emby Connect user name.  You cannot use this account as a local user.  It can only be used via Connect and you cannot change the name because that is the Connect user to which it relates.

Does that make sense?

Michael K.

Yes, that makes perfect sense. So, if I want to control how the users' name appears on login screens (like Apple TV), then I would first create a local user, and then add their emby connect account - correct?