Play next

miniz98

miniz98

I'm confused with play next in emby. It doesn't show andything for next up in emby. When I start the app the menu shows then quickly disappears. If I long press a show and add to next up it doesn't add it to next up. Also with orero nothing shows for next up tv. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

miniz98

** update never mind still not working i still dont get shows under Next Up in emby. record new shows or series doesnt show up to play next.

Ok so I found the problem. If I add a new series next up works. So must be a database problem with existing series and shows. How do I fix this problem since I have alot of shows set up. Thanks.

Edited by miniz98

Play next is for queuing into your now playing queue. It has nothing to do with the next up feature.

Yeah, you are mixing two completely different features.  They are labeled differently (although similar).

"Play Next" is an Android Oreo feature that allows any app to place an item into a special channel (row) on the device home screen.  It isn't an Emby feature, it is an Android TV one.

"Next Up" is an Emby feature throughout the system that tracks the series you are watching and gives you quick access to the next episode for that series.  It only shows items from series that you have actually started watching though.  I suspect that is your problem here - you hadn't actually started watching any of these series - or you had deleted the episodes that you had watched.

• 2 weeks later...
majorsl

Speaking of that Oreo feature, it would be nice to have your Emby "Next Up" TV list automatically synced to that Oreo list.  Maybe at least as a check box option in the Emby prefs.