NextPVR Emby Plugin

Emby Nerd

Now, I guess what I am more confused about is that whether I am seeing both Emby Live TV channels and NPVR channels? I did setup an m3u tuner with Emby Live TV and I have the NPVR plugin installed. I see 2 icons, 1 is Live TV (Emby tuner) and 2. NPVR plugin. When I click on NPVR icon it is blank.

Just to be clear, the NextPVR Icon under the MyMedia section of Emby's Web GUI takes you to Recorded media that NextPVR has previously recorded.  If it is blank, then either you have no recordings, or it is not finding the recordings.

Hope that helps....

arrbee99

You wrote earlier   "Have been experimenting with having different sources of live tv to see which starts the quickest so I've got the NextPVR plugin, the MediaPortal plugin, the Emby native Hauppauge feature and an m3u source, pretty much all for the same channels and I think they've started interfering with each other somehow recently."

I am wondering if you have too much going on with conflicting plugins etc.

I am by no means an expert with either NextPVR or Emby, and my setup is very simple, and I only have the NextPVR plugin as my LiveTV guide Data provider.   Although NextPVR can handle IPTV, I use another plugin for that.  It is the IPTV v1.1.2.0  plugin. 

btw that was me, not Emby Nerd.

As I think I mentioned, ahving all those was fine for a while but its gone a bit pear shaped recently.

2nd btw IPTV was fastest, MediaPortal was next, followed by Hauppauge then NextPVR. Would still like NPVR to speed up somehow. Using Fire TV mostly.

Emby Nerd

Ok, thank you. That answers my question about what I should expect to see when I click on the NPVR icon from the Emby dashboard. I thought I would see live channels, but not just recorded shows. Which means the Emby dashboard must be merging the m3u link I have in the native emby Live TV section and the NPVR plugin.

Is the IPTV plugin available in the Emby portal or is it an offline download? I chose NPVR because of its EPG grid.

What are you trying to accomplish? Why not just use the live TV m3u tuner feature that we have?

• 1 year later...
checkbin99

EmbyNerd, did you ever get your setup working with LiveTV? I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. I can see the recordings that i made within NextPVR but don't see any video from NextPVR. I can see in the EPG the programs listed for those channels coming from my device in NextPVR (as well as the ones from an HDHomerun native to Emby) but no video shows up when I try to tune to a channel from NextPVR..

EmbyNerd, did you ever get your setup working with LiveTV? I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. I can see the recordings that i made within NextPVR but don't see any video from NextPVR. I can see in the EPG the programs listed for those channels coming from my device in NextPVR (as well as the ones from an HDHomerun native to Emby) but no video shows up when I try to tune to a channel from NextPVR..

Hi there @@checkbin99, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
checkbin99

So I have the NextCom R500o-HD working fine in NextPVR. I've configured the Emby NextPVR plugin for the NextPVR/R5000 server (both on the same server but a different server from Emby.  I can see the channels in Emby's EPG on Emby in a Firefox web browser, on NVidia Shield and FireTV apps.  However when if I try to tune to any of the R5000's channels, I just get a spinning circle. Same result in my web browser and in the Emby app on both device's.  I see some connection refused errors in the logs but can't figure out the how and why.  Latest logs with a couple of attempts to tune are attached.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63709538404.txt

checkbin99

Hi Martin,

Thank you again for your input.  When you say try that URL, I tried this from a Firefox browser on same machine my R5000 is on.  I get an error "Unable to connect. Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.16:8866.  The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few minutes.

I am posting the latest logs to the NextPVR forum now.  Thank you!

emveepee

As I posted I meant to try the url with ffplay or vlc as the client.  Anyway we have moved to the NextPVR forum since this doesn't look like an Emby issue.

Martin