Some songs don't play

screwfaze

screwfaze

Hi,

I have just sent some logs from Android TV user Aminah some songs don't have any sound please can you help?

Thanks

Hi.  Sorry but can you please re-send this as there was a problem this morning with our system receiving logs.

Thanks.

simpman

I've figured out this is caused by ID3v2. If you check a file in text editor all files that don't work will start ID3 header instead of fLaC. Emby doesn't handle this properly, and refuses to play it. Tested in Chrome and Firefox same results. I'm using  3.4.1.0. Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @@Luke

Any update on this issue? So far only happens on Android TV.

Thanks

The information we saw on this was that it affected many different players because FLAC is not supposed to contain ID tags.  The solution is to remove those tags.

screwfaze

Sorry but I don't think that is the solution, my Xbox browser and phone all play the same files just fine. Only Android TV has this problem so there must be a fix for this

I'm sure different players will have different levels of tolerance for unsupported contents in the container.  At this point, the player in Android TV (as well as others we saw reported) cannot handle them.

There are some simple processes for cleaning them up though.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/55997-flac-audio-not-playing-via-web-client/?p=591059