Program or Background service?

AllviewTV

AllviewTV

Hi. Might seem like a atupid question but I'm configuring my VPS to have the best settings to run emby and I can either have best perfomance for programs or background services. Is emby a background service or is it classed as a program?

Or does any know the best settings to have my Windows Server 2012 R2 set at?

I currently have 5-Core CPU and 6gb RAM. It runs smooth but crashes every now and again when streaming IPTV if I have multiple devices on at the same time

• 3 weeks later...
dropshadow

Just curious, why was the windows service changed? I was running a pretty old version where I could run from windows services but now I cannot. It seems more difficult to use now, why the change? I run emby on a windows server and cannot guarantee that a user is always logged on to the server. If emby is run at start up instead of a service, it would not be on most of the time. It just seems harder to do what used to be very easy,.

It's been discussed at length in other topics but over the course of the year there were multiple breaking changes in windows 10 for service developers. It makes more sense for us to allocate our development time towards our core focus which is media management and playback, as opposed to constantly dealing with troubleshooting windows services.