choose best version for me

MndWrp

MndWrp

Hello!

When playing a movie with more than one version available, i get a popup asking me to pick a version to play or "play best version for me".

Awesome! but... could we have on top of that an app setting option to basically "always play best version for me" and not have the popup.

I keep various resolutions of my movies and not "director's cut" kinda things, so i wish it didn't ask all the time.

Thanks !

Love the app!

Edited by MndWrp
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really think we've shoehorned two separate functions into a single implementation here that is causing these types of problems but I guess that's just where we are.

More than likely, this whole function will need to change how it is handled in the app when we implement the ability to select audio and subs pre-playback (because those are dependent on which version if there are multiples).  So I will revisit this at that time.

Thanks.

Why not simplify it, when you press play up pops a prompt to pick a version or play best for me.. hmm.. seems counterintutive since its an extra button press, when you just want to play the best version.

Why not on the same screen the play button exists on, doesn't an option next to it appear saying best version

ie.. PLAY / PLAY BEST VERSION / FAVORITE / ETC

(little icons above images try to imagine, the little icon for best version should be something internationally understood)

Now, its one press to play, then select a version = 2 press.. or pick best version which is technically pressing right once, then clicking = 2 clicks

This play best version button only appears when multiple versions exist. This way it can seamlessly exist in the same fashion once audio & subtitle pre-play menu exists.

KuQ3jMY.png

play best version

Edited by speechles

MndWrp

Why not simplify it, when you press play up pops a prompt to pick a version or play best for me.. hmm.. seems counterintutive since its an extra button press, when you just want to play the best version.

Why not on the same screen the play button exists on, doesn't an option next to it appear saying best version

ie.. PLAY / PLAY BEST VERSION / FAVORITE / ETC

(little icons above images try to imagine, the little icon for best version should be something internationally understood)

Now, its one press to play, then select a version = 2 press.. or pick best version which is technically pressing right once, then clicking = 2 clicks

This play best version button only appears when multiple versions exist. This way it can seamlessly exist in the same fashion once audio & subtitle pre-play menu exists.

KuQ3jMY.png

play best version

...well the real simplified version would be a setting like in my first post. More buttons to clutter the interface seems overkill.

However, ebr said they would eventually rework the feature, so let's see what they come up with !

• 3 months later...

So, any chance of this happening ?

An app setting that basically means "always choose best version for me" would perfectly hit the spot.

I don't know about that specific option (because it would be impossible to ever choose a specific version) but we still plan to re-work exactly how this is handled.