New Hardware

dcook

dcook

So I am building out my new EMBY server to replace several servers I have now.

I have already ordered the case and drives but would like some advise on Motherboard/CPU

Looking for something full size, since my case is full tower size.

I don't do much transcoding at all but I am looking for something fast, was thinking Intel i7 or AMD equivalent in order to last many years

Should also have lots of expansion slots as I will be adding LSI RAID cards.

Also if it matters I am most likely going to install ESXI 6.7 and create EMBY as a VM

In the past I have bought mostly Asus motherboards, but would appreciate any advice on proven hardware that works well with EMBY?

Thanks!

legallink

If you aren't doing transcoding, then it all depends on the number of users, network connection, and drive speed.

I think use case would be most ideal.  Number of users, number of internet connections, number of drives you would like to support.

I've had great success with Asus and ASRock.  Less success with Gigabyte and heard great things about MSI.

I haven't heard of any hardware that doesn't work well with Emby...which is I think the starting point.

If you want to support transcoding, and want hardware transcoding, that is where more important questions of what does it support come into play I think.