Emby Connect not allowing logins

Pixel Perfect

Pixel Perfect

Hello

I just set up Emby to replace my Plex server, and so far I've liked how fast and responsive it is in comparison. Now, my entire library has propagated, and I was looking to add users.

I made sure 8096 is port forwarded, and I can see the service running from the outside.

I sent out an invite via the "Invite with Emby Connect" button under Users, and the user received the email. They accepted the invite, and, after some reinviting and refreshing, they show up on my Users panel and I added them to the Login screen of my server.

The moment either of us clicks their icon we get: "Connection Failure We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again." or a toast message "Wrong Username/Password combination"

Funny? We just logged into the forum with the same email/username and password? My account works through app.emby.media? Why not theirs?

I can see the failed logins in my admin panel

I can pull any logs needed

Edited by Pixel Perfect

Pixel Perfect

Okay, so, logging in through a PC to accept the invite, rather than using the mobile browser, appears to have fixed this issue?

Pixel Perfect

SCRATCH THAT. After the initial login, it's no longer working? Still getting connection failure via both the mobile app and app.emby.media but only for this account?

Edit - No external accounts will login. Period.

Edited by Pixel Perfect

Pixel Perfect

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log? you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

After downgrading from the latest beta to the latest stable docker, I've gotten web logins working for the accounts, but the iOS app still refuses to log in on multiple devices.

iPad Mini 2 iOS 11.0.2

iPhone 5 iOS 10.3.3

Edited by Pixel Perfect

By the way, you're log has a lot of errors related to this:

File name: '%MetadataPath%/library/71/71e328d994adf11e8f53e924495d8a85/poster.jpg'

Just FYI about the beta: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58633-3403-virtualized-paths/&do=findComment&comment=574220

It's better to stay on the beta since you had already installed it. Thanks.

Pixel Perfect

By the way, you're log has a lot of errors related to this:

File name: '%MetadataPath%/library/71/71e328d994adf11e8f53e924495d8a85/poster.jpg'

Just FYI about the beta: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58633-3403-virtualized-paths/&do=findComment&comment=574220

It's better to stay on the beta since you had already installed it. Thanks.

Going to opt back in to the beta and test again. That path exists. The errors might be because of the new paths?

I'm pulling the latest beta tagged docker image right now

Repo emby/embyserver:beta. Images - f70adabe43c0 7c7ac34602e7 9c27ecf48815 e05e0a1c19f5 6af21742713c if you really want to check what I'm running on.

Version 3.4.1.12 beta

I'm now going to try logging in from app.emby.media with an account that was added via Emby Connect - Success

iPhone 5? Connection Failure. https://i.imgur.com/bHLYaTi.png

embyserver.log attached with IPs removed

Log.txt

Pixel Perfect

So, I tried a clean install. New docker, new config, database, etc, and just loaded one of my media folders in, and added one new user. Tried again. Web UI yes. iOS no.

new log.txt

• 3 weeks later...

@@Pixel Perfect are you by chance running behind a reverse proxy?

We've pushed an update to our iOS app, 1.5.2, can you let me know if it's still an issue? Thanks !