Changes to "Expert → Advanced" settings not saving

chowbok

chowbok

Currently running 3.4.1.11 beta. Any changes I make in the "Advanced" settings under "Expert" are not being saved. I change them and hit "save" and it seems to work with no problems, but they don't take effect and when I go back, the settings are the same as what they were. I don't see anything relevant in the logs.

Hi, why do you feel they're not saving? can you please give an example? thanks.

chowbok

Sure. For instance, I want to only bind it to a single interface. I enter one of my server's IPs in "bind to local network address" and hit save. It reloads the page, and that box is blank. Looking in lsof, I see it's still binding to every interface, even after a restart. Also, before, I wanted to disable remote access until I had it set up the way I wanted, so I unchecked "Allow remote connections..." and saved. The box was still checked, and it was still allowing remote connections (again, even after a restart). Finally, now I do want to allow remote connections, but I want to add a hostname. So I entered the hostname in "External domain" and hit save, but, again, it didn't take effect and the box is still blank.

Ok I think we need to reword that setting.

It is actually not a bind setting, it is really just a filter. We will always bind to 0.0.0.0 for all addresses, but the setting can be used to filter what emby server listens on.

Are there any errors in the browser debug console when you hit save?

Maybe there's an issue in the beta but i can't reproduce this right now. Let's see what happens with future builds. Thanks.

chowbok

This was happening to me on the released version as well.

I didn't think it was related, but maybe it is: Emby is apparently fighting for port 1900 with Deluge, which is running on the same server.  It kept telling me that the port was in use without telling me which port it was talking about, so it took me a while to figure out what it was talking about. I'm going to turn off uPNP in Deluge and see if that changes anything.

Ok thanks. I wouldn't expect that to change anything. Perhaps try a different browser.

I cant' reproduce this sorry. No problem found here. Can you please show a screenshot of your settings on that page?

The issue is the secure connection mode. If you're not supplying a certificate then you need to set that to disabled. You should be getting a validation message telling you about this.

And digging into it, it looks like our defaults need to be adjusted so that it is disabled. Thanks for your patience with this.

chowbok

Aha! That was it. I was getting that warning, but I didn't realize that meant I couldn't change any of the other settings. Yeah, probably if that had been set to disabled by default I wouldn't have had a problem.

Thanks!