Android app randomly using Self Signed cert instead of Signed cert

bls_fanatic

bls_fanatic

Hello,

My Emby server is setup for HTTPS using a valid signed certificate.  It is working perfectly using the web app and the Android app.  I get no SSL pop-up and traffic is secured.  However it happens sometimes that the Android app will pop up an SSL message asking to accept the Self Signed certicate.  Once I click OK everything is fine and the app is running correctly.

Why would the Android app randomly use the self signed certificate instead of the signed one that is setup in Emby server?  Any ideas?  I am running Emby server 3.4.1.0 and Android App 2.9.92.

Thanks

post-1413-0-19440200-1528122183_thumb.png

Edited by bls_fanatic

Strange. This is actually validating the certificate from our admin server. I've never seen that before, it should just be trusted. Is this device rooted, or have you applied some configuration that might be causing that?

bls_fanatic

Strange. This is actually validating the certificate from our admin server. I've never seen that before, it should just be trusted. Is this device rooted, or have you applied some configuration that might be causing that?

My device is an HTC 10 running Android 8.0.  It has never been rooted.  I bought it directly from HTC unlocked (not locked to any specific carrier).

Yea that's strange. I'll have to see if I can reproduce it. Thanks.