Duplicate Channels - One Tuner

snodrog742

snodrog742

Again, there is no contradiction in what I or Spaceboy have said. You're either not reading what's we've typed or interpreting something differently then what was said.   I'll try one last time before bailing on your thread:

Forget everything said prior and concentrate on what I'm saying here. This is more spelled out.

1) Emby does not presently combine channels from multiple M3U sources (or same file).

2) Emby will not presently allow you to record from "ABC" and "CBS" at the same time from the same provider if each account is single stream ONLY.

3) There will literally be no way to EASILY setup multiple recordings from your IPTV provider if they only allow 1 stream per login UNLESS you are very careful and:

A) can live with multiple channels for the same stations in your EPG

B) take extreme measures you MANUALLY setup all recordings making sure the first recording uses a channel from the first login while recording 2 uses the channel from the 2nd login IPTV list

C) that no one is watching live TV from the provider at the time of a scheduled recording.

Unless your recording needs are very basic like one channel at a time then managing this will be brutal in the current system.

HENCE, knowing how Emby presently works (not how we'd prefer it to work):

What's been suggested is to find another provider that allows multiple streams (assuming it's good/reliable). There are a bunch that would meet this criteria and are very good.

1) You could use this new provider for all the COMMON channels you get from your current provider.  Just remove these entries from your current provider and use the new one that allows the multiple entries.  This will immediately likely solve the issue of duplicate channels.

2) Use your current provider for ONLY the channels you can't get otherwise.  By eliminating all the common channels you can get with a different RELIABLE provider you will have a much smaller channel list of 1 stream only channels.

Money aside for 2+ providers this would DEFINITELY HELP your situation.  You would be relieving your current provider of the bulk of the channels which they would have in common allowing you to use your current provider only for the channels that aren't available elsewhere.  Chances are this won't even cost more since you're all ready paying for multiple accounts.

Yes it's more work to source the providers and set this up but worth it in the end.  I've got OTA, Cable, IPTV and a new service in testing that I can't talk about yet all blended in Emby and usable in one system with my own priorities set.  Yes, it's not an easy setup but with only IPTV, the use of xTeVe can greatly help to filter out dupe channels and turn them off (on your single stream provider) as well as change channel numbers to your liking so like channels are all shown together in Emby.

xTeVe can be used to pull in EPG from current providers (if you have them) or you could get your EPG from strictly Emby's built in EPG provider.  I've got 8 different sources in my system if that's any indication of complexity to get the EPG I need for my channels.  I can and do record more then a dozen simultaneous shows/movies routinely so I know it works (for me and my users).

No one has said you could switch providers outright and be happy. What we are trying to offer is assistance in what we know works with Emby and help to OFFER a solution geared to your environment.  You haven't said who you are presently using, what Geo location you are in or anything like what type of channels you are most interested in (ie movie channels, sports, Indie, etc) so no one is suggesting any particular provider to switch to.  We could possibly help in this but right now there isn't enough info given to even begin to make any specific suggestion.

I'm certainly not trying to pick a fight or to argue with you over semantics, as I've got better things to do than that.  I'm offering to help or make suggestions if I can (maybe I can't).  If you don't want my help, then just say so and I'll leave your thread alone.

Carlo

My responses had nothing to do with these as you're completely correct.  

My responses were in regards to your assumption, in post #13, "Chances are you could find an alternate provider with better service as far as multiple logins with the same or more channels."

Then, post #15, "Channels/stations available and reliability is another story that would need investigating."  Why would they need investigating when you jut told me I could get better service & more channels previously?  Did you know my provider?  You blatantly ASSUMED what better service meant which is in no way shape or form the same for everyone.  Once again and last of all, contradicting yourself.

You need to read again what you just quoted. Notice how that sentence is worded.

I started with "chances are" which means there is a good chance but no guarantee.  Then in that same sentence I said "better" as far as "logins".  If I had said:

"You should check to see if you can find an alternate provider with multiple logins with the stations you need" would you have objected?  It's the same thing.

Notice in the first post I said "better as far as logins go". I did not say, no drop outs, buffering or anything you might think of as "better" but used "better" to mean more logins ONLY which is the FIRST criteria for getting this to work in Emby correctly.   You have an issue with multiple stations showing up in the EPG and not being able to use watch/record multiple streams easily so any provider that allows multiple streams is "better" as far as Emby use is concerned. Quality of stream/provider was not mentioned.

In the 2nd message, I mentioned the quality of the provider which you need to investigate.  These two things go "hand in hand" and are complementary and in no way contradictory.  I ASSUMED NOTHING in what I wrote.

HOWEVER, you are doing the assuming as you put it when you just said "You blatantly ASSUMED what better service meant which is in no way shape or form the same for everyone.  Once again and last of all, contradicting yourself." which of course I did not do.  Again I used "better" very clearly in what I wrote.

There are many people who have used multiple different IPTV providers and know which work best for them (their needs and location). There are many people here that presently use multiple providers.  Their is a lot of knowledge in the forums if you actually want help short term while waiting for Emby to add the functionality to easily allow you to use your current provider with multiple logins.

Instead of trying to argue or tell me what I said which anyone can read for themselves, why don't you tell us who you presently use and what you're looking for in a provider CHANNEL WISE?  What are you looking for?  Need sports channels, movie channels, local channels, channels specific to a geo location? Any must have channels? Any specific languages?  Is Spanish what you're looking for?  I ask because you're first pic shows ES and MX channels.

There are other ways to help you besides switching providers (which may or may not be easier) to "combine" your channels but until we know your needs I wouldn't make a recommendation like this.

Senna

So what are your remaining problems now @@snodrog742, concerning Emby and the way you want to use IPTV with it, to get back on topic :)

We are all here to help  :rolleyes: 

Spaceboy

As before, number of streams doesn't mean quality or include channels needed. Thus, the whole contradiction of @@cayars posts. :)

you are an idiot. Clearly the only thing that matters in this situation is how many streams your provider allows you yet for some reason you are banging on about the quality of the streams.

It’s irrelevant. Decide what is important to you and pick a provider based on that. If you want a short term solution that is it. Emby will not fix this for you in the next year.

• Like 2

snodrog742

you are an idiot. Clearly the only thing that matters in this situation is how many streams your provider allows you yet for some reason you are banging on about the quality of the streams.

It’s irrelevant. Decide what is important to you and pick a provider based on that. If you want a short term solution that is it. Emby will not fix this for you in the next year.

I have which is the reason this all started.  I picked stream quality, not number of streams and that's where @@cayars stuck his nose saying I could find better.  Thanks.

So what are your remaining problems now @@snodrog742, concerning Emby and the way you want to use IPTV with it, to get back on topic :)

We are all here to help  :rolleyes:

Same as everyone else.  Emby needs to handle combining multiple IPTV tuners together.