Add option to remove 'Guest Stars' from GUI on clients

andyblac644

andyblac644

as requested by @Luke

Guest Stars for TVShows is pretty useless.

1: the vast majority of actors just shows the default place holder, so looks ugly.

2: when you do click on an actor, it only shows the movies you have with that actor in, and as only a few TV actors do movies, this only brings up a pretty empty page with hardly any details and nothing in what the actor is in, as the search does not include TVShows.

so please either add an option for us hide this section for TVShows, or fix it so it searches TVShows and lists what they have been in those as well as movies, and FIX the missing actor thumbnails, because as it is, in it's current form unless for TVShows.

also why is it called 'Guest Stars' would 'Actors' not be more appropriate and then include ALL actors in the show / movie

please consider this.

Edited by andyblac644
  • Like 1

I don't agree with "useless" as I find being able to see what else I have with someone that is in an episode of "Law and Order" a nice feature - and I do get individual TV shows (episodes) including the one I came from in the Actor display (on Android TV)...

andyblac644

@@ebr look at grabs below, web & AppleTV, imo information is pretty useless IMO, more so on appletv.

WEB

5b13fd30d2288_embyweb1.jpg

5b13fd3d825a2_embyweb2.jpg

AppleTV

5b13fdfa2d223_appletv1.jpg

5b13fe060e77a_appletv2.jpg

also, the MAIN, characters are no where to be seen ????

Edited by andyblac644

@@ebr look at grabs below, web & AppleTV, imo information is pretty useless IMO, more so on appletv.

That's an opinion for your usage, which is fine - I just don't agree with that assessment as it is still useful for me.  We'll see what others think.

also, the MAIN, characters are no where to be seen ????

They are listed on the "Show" page.  To repeat them here would make the guest stars "pretty useless" because they would be buried under all the main characters :).

andyblac644

That's an opinion for your usage, which is fine - I just don't agree with that assessment as it is still useful for me.  We'll see what others think.

They are listed on the "Show" page.  To repeat them here would make the guest stars "pretty useless" because they would be buried under all the main characters :).

ok, I hardly go into that screen, but fair enough.

@@ebr is AppleTV broken for tvshows then ?, as Web does seem to list TVShows in the screen. 

I wouldn't say it is "broken" just that it doesn't have that particular search in the person detail.

@@corey can rectify that.