Unable to purchase Emby on Fire TV Stick in India

gauravguptaster

gauravguptaster

The Emby app for Fire TV is not available in India via amazon.in. I was able to download the app on the Fire TV by getting a link on Amazon.com (USA). Now trying to unlock the app brings up a screen which shows the various options including Emby Premiere ($6.49). However. after one to two seconds this changes to "Sign my up for Null/MONTH" for Emby Premiere. Trying to unlock the app using the "Unlock App" button just freezes the app. I just want to unlock the app for streaming on Fire TV stick.

Thanks!

Hi.  If the app is not available in your country/region, then the In-app purchases will not be either.

I'm not sure why it isn't available.  Our app is marked as "In all countries and regions where Amazon sells apps".

Are there lots of other apps also not available in your region?

• 3 weeks later...
gauravguptaster

Most apps are available in India. For emby, you can verify yourself by simply going to www.amazon.in and searching for Emby. Only Mr. MMC is available in the result. Can you please contact Amazon regarding this?

Hi.  Unfortunately, here is their response:

Fire TV Stick has recently launched in India and the Amazon Appstore is available through a localized offering on Amazon.in with a limited catalog of free apps & games. Unfortunately, due to regulatory issues in India, we are not be able to support paid transactions until further notice. Please see the Amazon Developer Blog for updates and announcements on Fire TV Stick monetization in the .in marketplace.