Bravia TV

AmigaZoid

AmigaZoid

I wrote my own home automation software that I run locally and have added Emby to the mix.  I'm using it with custom Alexa and Google home skills to voice activate all features.  Everything is working great except when I try to issue commands related to the Bravia TV.  Since these same commands work on all other devices and the server is not kicking back an error, I assume it's some setting with the TV.

Has anyone had a similar issue with a Sony Bravia TV running the android emby app?  The emby session appears and shows the movie name if I manulally start a movie but the commands are just not getting through to start, stop, pause etc.

Thanks for any advice.

I've noticed recently (perhaps with Android updates) that the system is closing our line of communication after a fairly brief idle period (like only 60 seconds).  The app will automatically re-open this communication on any user interaction.

Can you look at your server dashboard at the time this isn't working and see if the session for the app shows there?  If not, try navigating anywhere in the app and see if the tile pops up on the dashboard.

AmigaZoid

Yes it does, I can chose pause and stop on the server and it works fine.  I went to the app settings earlier and chose never log off but I have not tested it yet.

One thing I do notice is that episodes that I have watched on a different client do not reflect progress on the Bravia, is this normal?