Audio playback not playing correctly

Jake91

Jake91

Hi,

I was trying to play an episode of a TV show (Weeds S06E07 - Pinwheels and Whirligig) which was reporting back as Dolby 5.1 sound.  I can hear the music but not any talking.  When playing from browser it works and when playing the file directly through VLC everything is fine.

I enabled debug logging in the Android TV Emby app (v1.5.88g). and the logs were sent around 6:19 PM (ACST).  The user logged in was "Liv" and the Emby server version is 3.4.1.0

Thanks,

Jake

Hi.  I cannot find your log.  Did the app put up a message that it sent?

What is the device and what is it connected to?

It sounds like you are sending 5.1 to a stereo only capable audio system.

What are the audio settings on the device?  Did you set it to output DD when the receiving equipment cannot handle that?

Jake91

Hi,

Yes the app said it was sent.

The device is a Sony X8500E Android TV. 

I have other audio files that are 5.1 which are playing fine.

Here is the server log that I made a copy of just in case, I can try send another from Android TV too if required. I also found an ffmpeg log that it created but not sure how that happened.

Thanks,
Jake

embyserver - 20180530_1819_soundissue.txt

ffmpeg-remux-d89e4947-138f-4ccf-86e4-ca803005e1be.txt

If that ffmpeg log is from the playback we are talking about, the app was receiving stereo mp3 audio so, if there was a problem it would either have to be with the source or the conversion done by ffmpeg on the server.

is it only this one file?

Jake91

It has happened before but don't have the details.

The file works when watching it through the web browser or directly on my computer.  So would that rule out that the source is the issue?  If it works through the browser what method does that use to play it, and why wouldn't it be the same for the Android app?

Thanks,

Jake

The app is converting to mp3 audio where the web might be converting to something else.  We'd have to see specific examples to be sure.