Live TV - defaults to transcoding instead of Direct Play

diegov

diegov

Hi,

I think there may be a bug with the logic that chooses whether a stream should direct play or transcode. I have an LG TV and I have for example a channel / stream that will do a full transcode. If i disable the ability to transcode under the User -> Media Playback options, the same channel will now direct play with no problems. Here are the logs with transcode options enabled:

2018-05-29 12:40:51.006 Info App: User policy for xx. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True2018-05-29 12:40:51.006 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: xxx.m3u8, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True2018-05-29 12:40:51.006 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: xxx.m3u8

followed by

TranscodeReasons=ContainerNotSupported,VideoCodecNotSupported,AudioCodecNotSupported.

If i disable transcoding and remuxing, the TV will direct play the stream with no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks

diegov

I have PMd my logs to you. Its based on a refresh restart, and the m3u8 stream i am selecting is the stream that Emby fully transcodes even though the TV can indeed play it via Direct Play if i disable all transcode a remux options

Thanks again

Edited by diegov

andyblac644

@@diegov without seeing the log, I would suspect it due to interlacing, the device is probably not allowing interlaced content to be direct played even though it can.

diegov

Hi @@andyblac644,

Its our digital free to air channels and from what I can see the source is progressive. I've resent the logs to Luke.

Thanks for your reply

Edited by diegov