I think it would be good to see a list of known issues for

Server

Android

iOS

Emby Theatre

Xbox

Things like playback, pass through etc

• Like 1

For the apps that have github repos, the github issues would be the best place. We could always setup issue only repositories for others.

b0dyr0ck2006

I don’t agree with sending people to GitHub. It’s not really designed for the everyday user, this forum is where the majority of people would normally go for help or information. GitHub is more for the IT savy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Happy2Play

I don’t agree with sending people to GitHub. It’s not really designed for the everyday user, this forum is where the majority of people would normally go for help or information. GitHub is more for the IT savy

​I don't really see this, as it is easy to lose track of a forum post, but really easy to see a issue created on GitHub.

b0dyr0ck2006

​I don't really see this, as it is easy to lose track of a forum post, but really easy to see a issue created on GitHub.

I won’t use GitHub. It confuses me and I’m not willing to put in the time to learn it, bottom line. It’s really no different to making a roadmap (yes I said it [emoji23]) just have a locked post with current issues being worked on etc

I won’t use GitHub. It confuses me and I’m not willing to put in the time to learn it, bottom line. It’s really no different to making a roadmap (yes I said it [emoji23]) just have a locked post with current issues being worked on etc

We're not sending people to github to report issues and get support. You can do that over your choice of methods listed here: https://emby.media/support

But he was asking for something different, which is a backlog of sorts.

just have a locked post with current issues being worked on etc

There are a couple of issues with that for us:

1) It would take time and, inevitably, be incorrect.  That time is time we can instead spend on actual development.

2) There is only so much of our internal processes and plans that we are willing to share with the entire world (which includes our competitors).

Thanks.

Yes a locked post that requires manual editing would be redundant to other tracking methods we already have.

b0dyr0ck2006

We're not sending people to github to report issues and get support. You can do that over your choice of methods listed here: https://emby.media/support

But he was asking for something different, which is a backlog of sorts.

I understand, I don’t seem to be able to get my points across right really. Sorry if I confuse you.

I agree with the op that a list of current bugs would be good, this would help the forum in a such as if people can see a list of bugs then you won’t get repeat posts regarding the same problems. You need to understand that most people use forums and would never use GitHub. It’s not user friendly for people that aren’t in the IT industry, it’s second nature to you and the devs as you use it daily. I thought it was a fairly good request that would be implemented easily, surely it is a task that could be left to the moderators as they are your staff (be it voluntary) who should be keeping the forum tidy and up to date.

This list wouldn’t give away and internal processes and certainly wouldn’t let your competition know your future plans, it is simply a list of known issues and bugs that are being worked on. Is there not a way to copy the list from GitHub into a thread automatically?

An issue tracker doesnt have to be forum friendly. Most do not care about an issue tracker.

Therefore, while you will never have to use GitHub to get regular support, you may have to go there to see an issue tracker.

jaketame

An issue tracker doesnt have to be forum friendly. Most do not care about an issue tracker.

Therefore, while you will never have to use GitHub to get regular support, you may have to go there to see an issue tracker.

I see this from both sides of the fence.

Forum makes sense as most users are here however there is so much content is hard to actually find out the latest on issues

GitHub makes sense as its the proper place to find the latest.

Maybe if there was a post with links to the respective GitHub Issues Page for each of the respective platforms.

For example. Xbox One X falls under Emby Theatre but on GitHub it mentions Windows only.

b0dyr0ck2006

Ok fair enough, that is a valid point. In that case may I suggest a serious forum clean up? As the previous poster mentioned, finding anything useful on the forum can be tricky at times